Even at a time when many are going under the knife to fix their looks, home remedies have not lost their importance. There are still some people left who would not like to take a surgeons appointment for a solution for their beauty problems and would rather take up the organic route for curing dark circles. Cucumber slices and tea bags are the most common home remedies that probably everyone would know about. Here are a few more easy home remedies for dark circles that you can try out.
List of home remedies for dark circles
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily. This will keep the skin hydrated and also aid in flushing out toxins from the body that aids in keeping the skin soft and elastic.
- Consume a healthy amount of Vitamin K and retinol for preventing and curing dark circles under the eyes.
- Iron rich foods or supplements must be consumed twice a week to remove dark circles from under the eyes.
- Alternative cold and hot compressing is a good home remedy to lighten the dark circles from under the eyes.
- Applying a mixture of grated potatoes and cucumbers to the eyes relaxes and cools the muscles thereby preventing or curing dark circles.
- Applying diluted lemon juice 2 times a day on the darkened under eyes area relieves one from the problem quickly.
- A mix of almond oil and honey when applied under the eyes during night for around 10 minutes and then washed with warm water helps in getting rid of dark circles under the eyes.
- Tomato juice, lemon juice and gram flour in equal quantities should be mixed together and applied in the morning and then gently washed away with luke-warm water, post 10 minutes.
- A mixture of orange juice, honey and flour when applied to the darkened area also helps reduce the pigmentation. The mixture when applied regularly lightens the dark circle to a great extent.
- Eating organic food and drinking un-chlorinated water also aids in reducing dark circles
Yoga for Dark Circles
Apart from the above mentioned remedies that can be easily done at home, some healthy life style incorporations like regular exercise, sound sleep and yoga help a great deal in slowing down aging process and also in reducing dark circles. According to yoga experts, yoga helps in reducing or preventing dark circles because of the fundamental principal that it thrives on, which is to improve blood circulation. The forward bend and shoulder stand exercise are very beneficial for facial blood circulation; however, yoga asanas should be done only under expert guidance and strictly not performed by those suffering from blood-pressure disease or disorder.
The essential hormone cortisol, is responsible for overall metabolism of the body and controls blood sugar levels as well as blood pressure. The lack of this hormone or its low levels may lead to dark circles under the eyes due to unexplainable fatigue, a direct symptom of the condition. The dark circles that hence develop can be cured only by eating and sleeping well.